Wednesday, May 4, 2016

On Your 2nd Birthday...

Dear Emery, 

Today you are two years old. I cannot believe it. I think your second year went by faster than your first! (Probably because I spent most of it chasing you...) You're my little sidekick and I love toting you around (neither one of us do well being in the house for too long.) We kept busy with Mother's Day out, MOPs, and Friday's at Celebration. You are still a great sleeper, and your dad and I know that's a huge blessing. 7pm-7am with a 2.5 hour nap in between, Lord knows you need your rest after not sitting still all.day.long. You are constant movement, chaos, and joy, but you are also strong willed and know what you want and how you want it. I have loved watching you grow this year as you come into your own little personality. Some of our favorite things you do lately are animal noises (I think whale might be my favorite!) how you say "thumbs up dude" while holding up your index fingers, how much you love shoes, your dance moves, putting things on your head and walking around, and your belly laugh. You still throw your food off your tray (or feed it to Ludo) if we don't react to your "all done" quick enough, and you still eat dog food every chance you get, always saying, "mmmmmmm yum!" When you get caught. You say, "Yes, Mom." or "Yes, Daddy." when we get on to you and have recently started saying, "Sorry." I absolutely love being your mom, even on days when you're driving me bonkers. I can't wait to see your bond with Lincoln grow; I know you will be the best (bossy) big sister. 




I love you Emery Kate, thank you for teaching me so much about myself. Happy, happy birthday!




P.S. Sometimes my phone autocorrects "Emery" to "energy" and I have to say, I've never seen anything so accurate.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, love! I'm sure she will enjoy reading this someday.

    ReplyDelete