Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New Mommy Survival List (Mommy Edition)

I just wanted to share a few of my favorite things...

-Target nursing tanks. Seriously, I live in them. I only had one to start with, and I would literally sit around naked while it was in the washing machine. So great for middle of the night feedings, and super comfortable! Plus, you can wear it under your "real" clothes and it doubles as a bra/camisole!

-Netflix!! I love it!! Josh and I cancelled our TV while I was pregnant, and got Netflix instead. Way cheaper! :) It has been my saving grace, especially while nursing. They also have an app, so I can watch it wherever I am while I'm nursing! So far, (this includes while I was pregnant) I've watched:

Sherlock
Once Upon A Time
Friday Night Lights
Hart of Dixie
Rules of Engagement
Dawson's Creek
The Baby-Sitter's Club
Alias
Grey's Anatomy

So, yeah, like I said, I love Netflix.

-Two Dots. If you haven't heard of it, let me tell you. It is a free, VERY addicting game. Another super awesome pastime for those middle of the night feedings.

-Yogurt and protein bars. Easy to grab, easy to eat!

-Iced coffee. BLESS YOU. Between the Texas heat and hormonal hot flashes, I just can't handle hot coffee! I started brewing coffee at night, and then refrigerating it overnight in a half gallon jug. (By the way, if you are brewing for iced coffee, double the amount of grounds so ice/creamer doesn't water it down. Thanks for that tip, Stephanie!)

-A helpful husband. I don't want to make you gag, but my husband is AMAZING. I am so, so thankful for him. He is so hands on with Emery. Never hesitant to change a diaper or get up in the night to shush her back to sleep.









1 comment: